History / Heritage
Founded in 1878.
The traditional owners of the land – the Peramangk people have been acknowledged through the naming of most of the buildings on the school site in consultation with students and the community.
We have a section of our bushland which falls under a heritage protection listing. This site has become an extremely valuable resource for the children's learning. Students are able to utilize the benefits of hands on access to and research of native orchids, funghi, local plants and trees, etc. Part of developing the Bush Village will include a re-vegetation of the area which was previously the oval. We work closely with the NRM (National Landcare Programme) and SURLG (Sturt Upper Reaches Landcare Group) in maintaining the very special heritage scrub.